Paella Slice with pepper & tomato stew
Recipe time: 30 minutes
- 2 paella slices
- 1 onion
- 2 red peppers
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 50g kalamata olives, destoned
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 120ml thick greek style yoghurt
- large bunch soft herbs – basil, dill, mint, chives or a mixture
- ½ dried chilli flakes
- 100ml olive oil
- Cook the paella slices according to the packet
- Core and deseed the pepper. Peel the onion and finely slice both. Half the cherry tomatoes.
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat and add the onion to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the peppers and soften for another 5 minutes.
- Add the leaves from the oregano, the halved tomatoes and the olives to the pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, add the soft herbs into a blender and blitz. Half way, add a pinch of the chilli flakes. Add half the olive oil slowly to the blended herbs and once all added, stop blending. Remove to a suitable container and top with the remaining oil.
- When the paella slice is crisp and the pepper mix is stewed down, serve with a dollop of creamy yoghurt drizzled with herb oil.