Nutburger with Asian Slaw
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Half a red cabbage (about 350g)
- 2 peeled carrots (about 250g)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 -1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 Goodlife Nut burgers
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 brioche buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Make the Asian slaw (this is best done at least two hours before serving): Shred the cabbage as finely as you can then tip into a large bowl. Coarsely grate the carrot; finely slice the onions and add to the bowl with the ginger, coriander, and enough chili to your taste.
- Add the lime zest and juice, fish sauce, sesame oil and a good pinch of salt. Mix everything together, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/ Fan 180oC /Gas 6 Remove the burgers from the box and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Make the burger sauce: in a small bowl, mix the sriracha sauce with the mayonnaise. Toast the brioche buns and prepare the other burger salad ingredients.
- To serve, spread a little sriracha mayonnaise over the base of the bun, top with the lettuce and tomatoes, then the burger, and finish with a heap of Asian slaw. Enjoy!