Mushroom & Spinach Kyiv with Tabbouleh
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 Goodlife Mushroom & Spinach Kyivs
- 100g of bulgur wheat
- 1 small leek, trimmed and finely sliced
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Za’atar
- 25g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 75g pomegranate seeds
- 40g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 10 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1tbsp of tahini
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp of warm water
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/ Fan 180oC /Gas 6.
- Put the bulgur wheat in an ovenproof dish, add the leek, vegetable stock and za’atar and mix well. Place the Mushroom Kyiv in a separate baking tray, then place both in the oven and bake for 28 minutes.
- Tip the the pistachios into a small baking tin and toast in the oven for 6 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: mix the tahini, lemon juice and warm water together in a small bowl. You want to reach a smooth consistency. Season to taste.
- Once the Kiev and bulgur wheat tray are cooked, remove from the oven. Stir the pistachios, pomegranate seeds, chopped spinach, tomatoes and parsley into the wheat, and mix everything together. Season to taste.
- Divide the wheat between two plates with a Mushroom Kyiv on top and serve with the dressing spooned over. Feel free to add extra za’atar too!
Created for Goodlife by Sarah Ann Macklin