Firecracker with sautéed vegetables
Recipe time: 30 minutes
- 2 firecracker rice melts
- 2 free range large eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 banana shallots
- 200g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 pak choi
- 200g of greens of your choice, such as mangetout, spinach, sugar snaps
- 4 spring onions
- 1tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp chilli oil or sauce to serve
- Cook the firecracker rice melts according to the packet.
- Place a medium pan of water on to boil, then boil the eggs for 6 minutes. Remember to place the eggs into ice cold water when ready, to stop the cooking. If you like them a little softer, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Once the water is boiling, place a sieve over the top of the cooking eggs and steam the pak Choi for a few minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, heat the veg oil in a medium pan. Finely slice the garlic and peel and finely slice the banana shallots. Add both to the oil and pan fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Slice any of the larger mushrooms and then add all the mushrooms to the pan. Toss the mushrooms until golden then remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat and warm the sesame oil. Cut the pak Choi in half lengthways and add to the oil. Toss for a minute or so on a high heat then add in the remaining greens. Slice the spring onions and add in with the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Peel the egg and plate everything up with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of chilli oil.