Burrito burger & sweet potato chips
Recipe time: 30 minutes
- 2 burrito burgers
- 2 brioche buns, or your favourite burger buns
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 70g mix colour radishes
- ¼ red cabbage
- 1 small red onion
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Small bunch coriander
- 1 tbsp good mayonnaise
- Cook the burgers according to the packet at 200ºC and then start with the sweet potato fries.
- Oil an oven tray with an even layer of vegetable oil and place in the oven to get hot whilst you cut the fries. Lightly scrub the outside of the potatoes and then cut into chips no thicker than 1 cm thick. When they are all ready, carefully remove the tray with the hot oil from the oven and add the fries. Quickly but carefully place them back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Next, make the salsa. Finely chop all the tomatoes into even chunks. Finely chop half the red onion the same way. Finely chop half the coriander leaves and then place all the ingredients into a small bowl with a good pinch of salt and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Set aside until later.
- Next make the guacamole by carefully destoning the avocado and then scoop the flesh from the skin. Place in a bowl with the zest of the lime and half the juice. Half the chilli and deseed if it’s a hot one. Finely chop and roughly chop the rest of the coriander leaves and add to the bowl with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Check on the fries, giving them a good shake with a good pinch of salt. Return to the oven to finish cooking completely.
- Finely slice, or if you have one use a mandolin, the radishes. Do the same with the cabbage and finely slice the remaining onion. Add to a bowl with the mayo and the remaining juice from the other half of the lime.
- Lightly toast the buns if you wish. Make sure the chips are soft in the middle and seasoned to perfection then serve with the burgers and all the toppings.