Open Aubergine Pesto Spicy Bean Burger
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 GoodLife Spicy Bean Burgers
- 2 Romano peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp vegan basil pesto
- ½ lemon, juice squeezed
- 1 large, ripe, slicing tomato, sliced
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 70g mixed salad leaves with rocket
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/ Fan 180oC /Gas 6. Place the Good Life Spicy Bean Burgers on a baking tray with the Romano peppers Drizzle a little olive oil over both then bake for 25 minutes.
- Pop the pine nuts in a small tray and toast in the oven for 5 mins or until golden.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat until hot. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with oil and ground coriander; season. Griddle in batches for 6-8 mins each side until really soft, golden and charred. Set aside.
- Remove the burger and Romano peppers from the oven. Whisk the pesto with the lemon juice to make a spoonable dressing.
- Place a slice of aubergine in the plate, spoon over a little pesto and spread with the back of a spoon; top with a slice of tomato and more pesto then repeat the aubergine and pesto. Top with the burger, spread with pesto then repeat with the aubergine and tomato slices layering them with pesto.
- Add some salad leaves, top with the roasted peppers, more leaves. Spoon any remaining pesto over the burgers and scatter over the toasted pine nuts.
What exactly is a healthy balanced diet?
We asked nutritionist, Sarah Ann Macklin to help us better understand what a healthy balanced diet really is; what do you need to eat, and how can GoodLife products help you achieve it?
Click here to read the full article.