Naked burrito burger with wedges & salsa
Recipe time: Approx 45 mins
2 Goodlife Burrito Burgers
3-4 medium potatoes (approx. 450g weight)
1 tbs olive oil
Good pinch sea salt and black pepper
½ tsp paprika (or smoked paprika)
1 corn on the cob
½ tin black beans in water, rinsed and drained
1 large vine tomato, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped or sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
Few sprigs fresh coriander, roughly chopped
½ lime, juice squeezed
2 tbs soured cream or vegan alternative
1 tsp chipotle chilli sauce
Dried chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and heat a heavy baking tray. Scrub the potatoes and cut into wedges, then put them into a bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper, the paprika and oil. Toss well to coat evenly then tip onto the tray and cook for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and crispy round the edges.
- Place the burgers onto a separate tray and add to the oven after the potatoes have been in for about 15 minutes, then cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the corn salsa. Boil the corn in a pan of water for 10 minutes then transfer to a hot frying pan or griddle on the bbq and char all over for a few minutes. Transfer to a board and cut the kernels off with a knife.
- Place the corn kernels into a bowl and add the black beans, tomato, green chilli, most of the spring onion and most of the coriander. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime and stir well.
- In another small bowl, mix together the soured cream and chipotle sauce and set aside.
- When the burgers and wedges are cooked, arrange on a board or plates and dollop a spoonful of the chipotle soured cream on top of the burgers. Sprinkle over a few dried chilli flakes, the rest of the spring onion and coriander and serve with the corn salsa on the side