Veggie Sausage Cassoulet
Recipe time: 30 minutes
6 Goodlife Mighty Non-Meaty Sausages (vegan)
1 large carrot
2 garlic cloves
1 celery stick
½ small bunch thyme
4 Rosemary sprigs
2 bay leaves
250ml red wine
400g tinned cherry tomatoes
400g tinned Flageolet beans
400g tinned butter beans
- Wash and trim the carrot and celery. Then finely chopped along with the onion and garlic.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large suitable casserole dish then add in the veg and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile using a piece of string, tie together the herbs into a small bundle and add to the vegetables.
- After 5 minutes, add in the Goodlife Mighty Non-Meaty Sausages to brown slightly for a couple of minutes on each side, turning half way.
- Turn the heat up and add in the red wine. Once most of it has evaporated add in the tomatoes and beans. Bring to the boil and then simmer with a lid for 20 minutes or so until thick and rich. If it thickens too quick add a splash of water.
- Season to taste and serve with green beans and crusty bread.