Festive Grazing Board
Recipe time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp dried cranberries
120g jarred peppers
4 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp ground cumin
2 small aubergines
1 garlic clove
1 small onion
Small bunch parsley
½ tbsp smoked paprika
1 good quality hummus, or any other dips such as baba ganoush or tzatziki
Enough crudités for number of guests, such as, Turkish cucumbers, chicories, radishes
1 pomegranate, optional
- Start by making the flatbread topping base. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and place two of the Goodlife Nut Burgers into cook, according to the packet instructions.
- Place the remaining Goodlife Nut Burgers into a blender with 1 tbsp tomato puree, cumin and half the jarred peppers. Season with salt and pepper then blitz into a paste, loosen with a little water if needed. Set a side.
- Cut the aubergines into chunks and place in a bowl with a good pinch of sea salt to draw out the moisture.
- Place the Goodlife Falafels into cook for about 12-15 minutes .
- Finely chop the garlic and cut the onions into chunks. In a pan on a medium heat, heat tbsp olive oil add the garlic and onion. Dry the aubergine with kitchen roll and add into the pan too. Finely chop the stalks of the parsley and fry this with the veg along with the paprika, stirring to coat. Cook for 10 minutes stirring regularly then stir in the remaining tomato purée with the same amount of water and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile place the flatbreads onto a flat baking sheet. Top each one evenly with the topping base and a drizzle of olive oil and place in the oven for around 8-10 minutes, until hot and crisp.
- Chop the crudités into suitable sizes and decant any other extras and dips ready for the board.
- Heat a medium pan and slice the halloumi into slices, about ½ cm thick. Fry in a dry pan for a couple of minutes turning half way. Serve up with a drizzle of honey if you wish.
- Crumble the other burgers over the flatbreads and top with the remaining peppers and slice.
- Pile onto the board and place the aubergine to a bowl. Perfect with crackers or on its own. Sprinkle over the reserved parsley.
- Assemble all the glazing elements into the circular wreath shape for a festive feel and decorate with pomegranate and Rosemary sprigs if you wish.