Falafel Buddha Bowl
Cooking & prep time- 30 minutes
For the root vegetables & falafel:
- 1 medium beetroot, diced into 1/4 pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/4 pieces
- 4 servings of Goodlife Falafel Lemon, Cumin & Coriander
For the salad:
- 270g kale, massaged with little olive oil
- 190g quinoa, uncooked
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 100g sprouts/microgreens
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the lemon tahini dressing:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch lemon zest
- For the root vegetables: Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, place chopped beetroot an potato onto a baking tray with olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- For the falafel: Place falafels onto an oiled non-stick baking tray in the centre of the oven (180 degrees celsius) and cook for 15 minutes
- For the salad: Cook the quinoa as per instructions on the package, massage the chop the kale in olive oil. Slice and chop the rest of the ingredients.
- For the dressing: Whisk together ingredients with a pinch of salt. Adjust the consistency as desired with more tahini or water.
- To serve: Divide all ingredients into 4 bowls, and drizzle with lemon tahini dressing
Goodlife Falafels are available to buy at Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Ocado.
Created for Goodlife by Lily Soutter @lily_soutter_nutrition