Veggie Sausage and Bean Pie
Published on 1st May 2020
This fabulous guest recipe for a Goodlife Sausage and Bean Pie recipe is courtesy of Jenny at The Brick Castle. After writing a lovely blog review of our products, she’s kindly given us permission to use this quick and easy recipe, which we hope you enjoy making as much as we did here at Goodlife! It’s fun to make, and you can get the kids involved, just like Jenny did on her blog
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 30-35 minutes, Total time: 45-50 minutes
- 4 Cooked Goodlife Mighty Non Meaty Sausages
- Ready-Made Puff Pastry
- 1 Large Can of Baked Beans
- 1 Egg – beaten
- Small Handful of Grated Cheese
- Chilli Flakes
- Chopped Mushrooms
- Cook the sausages following the instructions on the pack.
- If oven cooking the sausages, leave the oven on once cooked at around 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- If pan-frying, or grilling the sausages, pre-heat the oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- Roll out the pastry, and line the pie dish, or cut to shape. You can use one large pie dish, or four smaller ramekins for individual pies.
- Cut each sausage into 4, adding 4 pieces to the pie dish, along with 1/4 tin of beans. (and any other additional ingredients you wish to use)
- Fold the pastry over the top of the pie, and seal using water.
- Brush the top of the pie with a little beaten egg, and a sprinkling of the grated cheese and bake in the centre of the oven for around 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with some creamy mash or chips and some steamed veg. Enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of Jenny Leonard @ The Brick Castle