Published on 22nd April 2016
- Preheat a pan or wok with oil at least 4-5cm deep.
- Mix together the flours, salt, bicarbonate of soda and the soda water together in a bowl.
- Lumps of flour are fine – don’t mix the batter too much, or it will become too thick and “doughy”.
- Dip the prepared vegetables in the batter mix, and fry for up to a minute, until batter is cooked.
- The vegetables will be crunchy, so feel free to par-boil for 3-4 minutes in hot water before coating in the batter if you want less crunchy vegetables.
- Serve with some Soy dipping sauce!