Published on 22nd April 2016
- Heat the oil or ghee in a saucepan over a medium heat. When hot, add the onions and cook cor 2-3 minutes until softened. Don’t let the onions start turning brown!
- Add the ginger, mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric, fenugreek, whole green chillies, chilli powder and salt to the pan, and stir well.
- Be careful – the mustard seeds can start to pop when heated!
- Stir well, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add the potatoes, stirring well to coat with the spices.
- Add the tomatoes, cauliflower, lemon juice and sugar, and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook the mixture for around 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes and cauliflower have cooked through.
- If you like a very thick sauce, mix 2 tsp of cornflour with some cold water, add to the mixture and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with a naan bread, and enjoy!